Monday, July 27, 2009

Cramming it all in

This week marks the start of two weeks of inconsistency: leaving Wednesday afternoon for the beach until Sunday night, then the following Wednesday we leave for Tennessee to the lake until that following Tuesday night. Needless to say, it's pretty unrealistic to think I'm going to get every scheduled run in as planned out by the FIRST program.

The past two weeks I've been substituting the speed workout for a run with Rocco. After all, running with Rocco did prep me to place in the overall female winner category in a recent 5k race here, so I figure continuing this method can't hurt. The problem with "Rocco runs" is I don't get a very good warmup, so I'm trying to stretch a lot on Monday nights. I have to hit the ground running, literally, when I run with him. The obedience training is a secondary goal at this point, don't judge my dog-discipline skills in this blog :)

Tomorrow I plan to split up an 18-mile long run into two segments. Wednesday, if I'm lucky, I will get in the tempo run before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment