Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Acclimating to life...

What better day to truly commit to a diet of deprivation than Ash Wednesday?! For the past couple weeks I had been slacking, not to the point that I had gained weight, but enough that I was not seeing the changes continue that I had seen up to this point. I decided to forego the lunchtime cardio session to attend a noon church service instead. Yes, I chose church over working out. Usually it's the other way around, I hate to admit.

Something about the physical symbol of smearing the ash on my face helped inspire me. Today was the first day since the first week or so of the diet that I followed the plan to the tee including drinking my protein shake during class tonight (I did get some looks). What's even better was that I managed to force myself to go run AFTER I got home from class (8pm-ish) then come home to crash.

So here's to Ash Wednesday: 40 days of self-deprivation and reflection. Day 1 = success!

No comments:

Post a Comment