Monday, February 8, 2010

Progress

So I'm starting to feel really good about my training thus far. I have figured out why my sports bras fit a little tighter these days: I'm getting some serious hypertrophy in my lats! I noticed it this morning in my running tank shirt that I wore for the Air Force Marathon in September. It was still snug then, but this is a different feeling entirely. I can't believe I let myself get away with not lifting hard for so long. Shame on me.... not practicing what I preach.

That is definitely changing now. I said I wouldn't vow to do another marathon, but after the progress I've seen so far, I'm not sure I can make myself train every Saturday or Sunday for 3-4 hours knowing what it is doing to my muscles... especially since I can apparently have better body fat composition while NOT training for a marathon. I may do it one more time in the future, just to give Boston one last shot, but in the back of my mind, I am thinking "yeah right"....

I will try and take some pictures at the end of this week to "document" my progress. I am really excited with how things are going so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment